Striving for excellence is an important part of professionalism in any job. It involves trying to put quality into everything you do, and this attitude tends to separate the achievers, who make rapid strides in their career from others. Here are some of the attributes that these individuals tend to have.
- Use initiative to act on opportunities. Become a leader before other people view you as one. Healthy organisations reward those who take the lead, not just those with formal management roles.
- Take responsibility for own objectives: set priorities.
- Display a “can do” attitude even in demanding situations.. Try to solve problems, rather than to pass them on to other people. First answer is ‘yes, I’ll make it happen’ .
- “Go the extra mile” when asked to do tasks. Go beyond your job description. Do work that gets you noticed.
- Show enthusiasm: this will be noticed and you will eventually be rewarded.
- Take ownership of problems: anticipate potential problems, take pre-emptive action and act quickly to resolve problems.
- Introduce improvements to the way things are done.
- Develop innovative practices. Value innovative thinking.
- Learn new skills that will enhance capability.
- Common sense is not common!
Quality and professionalism
- Check the quality of your own work.
- Set out a clear vision of what is required for success.
- Compare the risks and benefits. Take calculated risks
- See the bigger picture.
- Give priority to customers.
- Create an enabling environment for excellence; this has everything to do with an awesome environment for work where you can put in your best. Example is our Serviced office that has been specifically decorated for awesome work experience, the lightening and the interior inspires a good attitude to work.
- Minor issues like office management shouldn’t distract you from focusing wholly on your work and that is why it is very much advisable to go for a serviced office like Rutyono Offices where the hassles of office management is taken off you.
- An environment where you can network also goes a long way; working at a serviced office like ours implies that you meet other entrepreneurs with whom you can share ideas and partner.